This blog explains about how to modify the web.xml and weblogic.xml files in Webcenter Portal 18.104.22.168.0 version.
- Create ‘Webcenter Portal Server Extension’ application as shown below, If there is already one application created and checked in, Use the existing application.
- This template will create two projects (that can be named during the creation).
i) PortalExtension: To add custom code, task flows and beans to WebCenter Spaces.
ii) PortalSharedLibrary: Similar to the former WebCenterSpacesExtensionLibrary; however, deployments are now done using JDeveloper Deployment tools and the versioning is managed by manually modifying MANIFEST.MFTaking a look into PortalSharedLibrary it contains only a MANIFEST.MF file used for versioning of deployments.
- To create a weblogic.xml create it as New WebLogic Deployment Descriptor.
- In case of web.xml create it as New Java EE Deployment Descriptor:
- Modify web.xml as per your requireents
- Generate the WAR file for ‘Portal Shared Library’ Project as shown below
- After ‘extend.spaces.webapp’ WAR file generated successfully, Deploy this WAR file into ‘WC_Spaces’ as a shared library.
- Ensure ‘extend.spaces.webapp’ in Deployments.